Skip to main content

The unpardonable sin - Part 2



Continued from last week..........

One of them asked me where I was coming from, I stammered with various thought running through my mind at that moment, I couldn’t say a word, he asked me to undress and lay down, I knelt down and started begging, all of a sudden, they began to argue among themselves who is to have his way with me first, the argument almost led to a fight, so I took off with speed, they pursued after me. After a while I heard no footsteps I paused to catch some breath but to my amazement they were relentless in their pursuit, I heard the horn of a car and without guessing they were the one. I ran till I got to an Army barracks gate and from there they disappeared into the night shadows.

 I got to my aunt’s house after 12:30am in the morning, my heart beating so fast after the chase, from the look on her face, she was surprised to see me. She asked me what happened but I couldn’t say a word as tears fell from my cheeks. Quickly sensing how tired I was, they offered me something to eat and drink. The following morning I explained everything to them and my aunt decided to take me back home and talk to my dad. My aunt having lost her husband to the cold hands of death some years back leaving her with four children. All of them are married except her last son who is in a state polytechnic. Immediately after breakfast the next day, we left for my house with the hope of pleading with my dad, but what we got was what we didn't bargained for, he sent us back and labelled us prostitutes. I enjoyed staying at my aunt’s house but was not comfortable, every night my cousin will sneak to my room in an attempt to have sex with me but I would scream to scare him back to his room, and when my aunt came, I would lie to her that I had a bad dream.

 One Saturday afternoon, my aunt went for a wedding, I was left at home with him, after some usual house chores I  rested on a chair in the sitting room for a while before sleep got the better side of me. Somehow I felt a touch on my body, it looked like a dream but it wasn't one. It was my aunt's son trying to pull a fast one on me. I dragged myself out of his hands and ran outside crying till my aunt came back. Surprised to see me crying, she asked me what was wrong.  "At this moment the truth couldn't be told. This is no safe haven and its about time I leave before the unthinkable happen!" I thought. Immediately, I pleaded with her to let me go home but she reminded me of how my dad insulted us. Am I maltreating you? She asked. But after much pleading, she agreed to take me home.

Home sweet home, here we come. Luckily for us dad had gone out. My aunt had a serious conversation with my mum concerning my dad’s behavior towards me. She advised her to do everything within her power to prevent my dad from throwing me out of the house one more time. Despite the promise my mum made, my dad threw me out when he came back around 9pm from work but this time around I took a bike to my dad’s older brother’s house. Arriving there, as I knocked on the gate, the thick barking of two security dogs jolted me away from it. Poor me, I stood there frightened not knowing what to do. My uncle’s son hearing the knock and also alerted by the sudden bark of the dogs walked up to check who was at the gate. He opened it but not before those dogs were chained, still I walked with fret beside him, the last thing I wanted was to be bitten by ferocious looking dogs. 

Dad had no choice than to listen to his elder brother. After a long conversation with him, he allowed me stay in the house with these conditions: 1) Am not allowed to visit or invite friends home. 2) Am no longer a part of the family. 3) Am not allowed to ask for food, drink and clothes. I gladly accepted it rather than  the constant fear of my cousin’s attempt on my body, but was also sad because I couldn’t still explain what I had done wrong to deserve his change of attitude towards me.  I wondered if he would ever ever accept or reject me forever, whatever it is,  I must accept my fate.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My story

My name is Olugbenga Falusi and welcome to my blog. Many times in life what you are actually looking for is right under your nose. You search the depths and find nothing, your soul becomes restless seeking expression. I'm sure that resonates with a lot of us! What you need at such moments are people who see your talents and skills and can point to you the direction to go. They may have to push you, follow up to ensure the beauty they see in you is fully manifested not just for them but more for the benefit of the world. My story: Right from when I was a kid, the art got a better  part of me. I wanted to know how to draw but to my own amazement, I could not even draw an orange, I struggled over the years to be someone else, my primary school classmates were so good at making comics and I would buy from them using my lunch money. I cared less about getting food to eat, I wouldn't let go though I accepted my fate. One day, somewhere, life situation did hit me and that sp

How RCCG City of David Abuja moved and celebrated their thanksgiving service at Utako, Abuja

The call to ministry is not really what is accepted with pomp and pageantry rather it is a moment of sober reflection and preparation for greater responsibility to God and humanity. It is a never-ending journey with a determination not to quit.  The story of RCCG City of David Abuja has been that of purpose and determination as they achieved a remarkable height on January 12, 2020, at thanksgiving and at their new tabernacle located at Plot 362 Blooming Hills International Academy, Augustus Aikhomu Way, Beside Aneio Hotel Utako to the glory of God. Praise and thanksgiving at the new auditorium Present at this significant milestone was Pst. Gbolade Okenla (PIC RCCG COD Abuja), Pst. Oghogho Anyaru (PIC RCCG LP 4 Victoria Island), Pst. Pat-Akem Vingir (PIC Jesus House, Abuja ) and Pst. Sola Olowokere (PIC  RCCG Strongtower, Baltimore) The atmosphere on Sunday was enough to drown uninvited voices of fear and worry. It was filled with high praise and thanksgiving to God m

Iya Alakara

Iya Alakara (The Beans Cake Seller) We call her Iya Alakara (Beans cake seller) because her akara is the best, though she sells other fried foods. Akara is a popular delicacy eaten in Nigeria , it is made from grinding beans,  then mixed with various sauce ingredients and then shaped in the form of a ball before being fried in either a hot palm or vegetable oil. It is eaten with variety of other foods like fried yam, pap and even bread for a proper balance diet. Her spot cannot be mistaken, it is strategically located for commuters and passers-by to easily spot. Walking through my street about three nights ago, I thought hard on my next content for the blog.  Only a hot akara and pap would do at the moment; the thought of cooking would have been  a mission impossible. I have had enough for the day.  So here I was, readily seated right in front of her,  the little smoke emanating from the firewood was not enough to deter me from satisfying  my crave for akara. In no