Skip to main content

What time is it?


It feels so good to be a kid, to play and dance in the rain, enthralled by the starry blue skies and wondered if ever the moon was ever keeping tabs on you. Our quest to find answers to the mysteries of creation that surrounds us knows no boundaries, our days of innocence soon to be out paced in some few years time.

Wikipedia defines time as the indefinite continued progress of existence and events that occur in apparently irreversible succession from the past, through the present, to the future. This definition strikes a cord in me and should in yours too. It drives to me a cautious approach to my every single decision making no matter how simple and significant it is. Whatever it is it carries in itself a consequence either favorable or unfavorable. A passage through history records events in time for our own consumption and considerations. Yet I wonder so often why history is always repeated. Could it be men have refused to learn?

The question of time begs an answer. An unprepared student in an exam hall often complains about the lack of time, a teen can't wait to be 18, an undergraduate can't wait to be a graduate. So much to do in time. Yet to all activities there is no end. Satisfaction seems to be a farce, there are more goals to reach out for, so much to accomplish within a short time. Life is lived in time and that consciousness is what fuels the rat race we see today.  Its what drives our fears, rivalry, unhealthy competition and loss of self esteem.

What time is it in the measure of your existence? Today is yesterday in its making and tomorrow is today in its arrival. Ignorance is not an excuse, A time passed by never reverts itself, it only gives you a benefit of planning what to do with it. You have been created to achieve a goal, a problem to solve, a man or a woman to love, a community to build, a trust to keep and an impact to make and perhaps a relationship to mend. We are all born with a gift to bless someone else.

 You were not just created to fill a space, there is an intention for your existence. Get a grip of yourself and rise up to the occasion. Forget your past failures, its gone with time. Forget about the broken relationships its swallowed in time. Look forward in time to a positive outcome. Its an offer while we still draw breath  because soon time is gonna come for everyone of us but before then take the chance.

Time has in its compartments a place for everything, failures and success, defeats and victories, a falling down and a rising up, but there is only one condition, it's ours to decide. Time asks: will you?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My story

My name is Olugbenga Falusi and welcome to my blog. Many times in life what you are actually looking for is right under your nose. You search the depths and find nothing, your soul becomes restless seeking expression. I'm sure that resonates with a lot of us! What you need at such moments are people who see your talents and skills and can point to you the direction to go. They may have to push you, follow up to ensure the beauty they see in you is fully manifested not just for them but more for the benefit of the world. My story: Right from when I was a kid, the art got a better  part of me. I wanted to know how to draw but to my own amazement, I could not even draw an orange, I struggled over the years to be someone else, my primary school classmates were so good at making comics and I would buy from them using my lunch money. I cared less about getting food to eat, I wouldn't let go though I accepted my fate. One day, somewhere, life situation did hit me and that sp

How RCCG City of David Abuja moved and celebrated their thanksgiving service at Utako, Abuja

The call to ministry is not really what is accepted with pomp and pageantry rather it is a moment of sober reflection and preparation for greater responsibility to God and humanity. It is a never-ending journey with a determination not to quit.  The story of RCCG City of David Abuja has been that of purpose and determination as they achieved a remarkable height on January 12, 2020, at thanksgiving and at their new tabernacle located at Plot 362 Blooming Hills International Academy, Augustus Aikhomu Way, Beside Aneio Hotel Utako to the glory of God. Praise and thanksgiving at the new auditorium Present at this significant milestone was Pst. Gbolade Okenla (PIC RCCG COD Abuja), Pst. Oghogho Anyaru (PIC RCCG LP 4 Victoria Island), Pst. Pat-Akem Vingir (PIC Jesus House, Abuja ) and Pst. Sola Olowokere (PIC  RCCG Strongtower, Baltimore) The atmosphere on Sunday was enough to drown uninvited voices of fear and worry. It was filled with high praise and thanksgiving to God m

Iya Alakara

Iya Alakara (The Beans Cake Seller) We call her Iya Alakara (Beans cake seller) because her akara is the best, though she sells other fried foods. Akara is a popular delicacy eaten in Nigeria , it is made from grinding beans,  then mixed with various sauce ingredients and then shaped in the form of a ball before being fried in either a hot palm or vegetable oil. It is eaten with variety of other foods like fried yam, pap and even bread for a proper balance diet. Her spot cannot be mistaken, it is strategically located for commuters and passers-by to easily spot. Walking through my street about three nights ago, I thought hard on my next content for the blog.  Only a hot akara and pap would do at the moment; the thought of cooking would have been  a mission impossible. I have had enough for the day.  So here I was, readily seated right in front of her,  the little smoke emanating from the firewood was not enough to deter me from satisfying  my crave for akara. In no