Skip to main content

Rage or Peace?



Photo by Kelli McClintock on Unsplash

What do I let out of the box today? My rage or my peace? Quite a difficulty to choose right now as both hustle for expression, rather than show favoritism, I let this old nursery rhyme be the judge, sing along if you can:  eeny, meeny, miney, moe, catch a tiger by the toe, If he hollers, let him go, eeny, meeny, miney, moe. 

Many events have passed by since I last penned here and in between them all, a Nigerian has lived through it and still putting up with the present system. After all, that's our life, we are a strong people who find beautiful means of turning our struggles to hit songs, these Nigerian artistes seems to have a hint those unspoken expressions as they make a hit of them. I wonder who whispers it in their ears.

Recently, a trending chorus goes thus  ".......If I broke na my business." (lols), by the way, who should own it. What caught my attention is the playfulness and creativity, that's therapy for the debt ridden free of charge. Hopefully they find meaning even in their debt. I wish them well. Whoever sang that song just turned himself to a therapist. That's an example and one  of the mystery of being a Nigerian. 

Though yet to come up with a particular experience of late, as I write, the suspension of Twitter in Nigeria comes to mind yet I'm not tempted to pen a thing or meticulously and painstakingly vent my anger and hunger, I rather let the sleeping dog lie since it has been lifted only for most Nigerians to appear neutral in the present armed conflict between Russia and Ukraine which our authorities used as one of the reasons behind the present and excruciating fuel scarcity under a scorching heat. 

Up North from part of Nigeria I'm based, for fear of having scaring dreams I rather not look in a mirror, I don't want to be nicknamed "charcoal" have had enough way back from school. These days we hardly know what's up with the sun, it ain't behaving friendly for a second. (lol). Perhaps, the only white part of me left could be my shining white teeth. (lols). Just preparing a genuine excuse for a soft landing when my folks see me again, I'm so proud to be African. Can I hear Yes o, Yes o (In Tuface voice).

I still do my basic daily routine, wake up, thank God for another day, clean up, go to work, close from work, get squeezed in them one of those taxis, I can't afford to discriminate, so whatever thought comes up gets shut up immediately except that of procuring a vehicle as soon as possible. This leaves me with an impression and deep temptation for me to write on people living with obesity, because from the look of things Nigerians probably are heading that way or are already there. I know its a sensitive topic and I am not looking forward to a confrontation nor try to be gender biased.

 I know I can't be sued as it could be in the West to say what you are not supposed to say while you never meant any harm. Honestly speaking, I think we need more gyms than restaurants all over the places or rather say, more adverts on body fitness rather than political campaign billboards. (lol).

Never mind, I will back here soonest again, dishing out daily adventures of a Nigerian in Nigeria, of course not all Nigerians are in Nigeria. (lols), like my movie night out at Lagos, airport palaver, and many more. I've got someone to hold me accountable henceforth. (Yay!) 

Time to judge: who found expression rage or peace? Let me know your thoughts in the comment box below.




 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My story

My name is Olugbenga Falusi and welcome to my blog. Many times in life what you are actually looking for is right under your nose. You search the depths and find nothing, your soul becomes restless seeking expression. I'm sure that resonates with a lot of us! What you need at such moments are people who see your talents and skills and can point to you the direction to go. They may have to push you, follow up to ensure the beauty they see in you is fully manifested not just for them but more for the benefit of the world. My story: Right from when I was a kid, the art got a better  part of me. I wanted to know how to draw but to my own amazement, I could not even draw an orange, I struggled over the years to be someone else, my primary school classmates were so good at making comics and I would buy from them using my lunch money. I cared less about getting food to eat, I wouldn't let go though I accepted my fate. One day, somewhere, life situation did hit me and that sp

How RCCG City of David Abuja moved and celebrated their thanksgiving service at Utako, Abuja

The call to ministry is not really what is accepted with pomp and pageantry rather it is a moment of sober reflection and preparation for greater responsibility to God and humanity. It is a never-ending journey with a determination not to quit.  The story of RCCG City of David Abuja has been that of purpose and determination as they achieved a remarkable height on January 12, 2020, at thanksgiving and at their new tabernacle located at Plot 362 Blooming Hills International Academy, Augustus Aikhomu Way, Beside Aneio Hotel Utako to the glory of God. Praise and thanksgiving at the new auditorium Present at this significant milestone was Pst. Gbolade Okenla (PIC RCCG COD Abuja), Pst. Oghogho Anyaru (PIC RCCG LP 4 Victoria Island), Pst. Pat-Akem Vingir (PIC Jesus House, Abuja ) and Pst. Sola Olowokere (PIC  RCCG Strongtower, Baltimore) The atmosphere on Sunday was enough to drown uninvited voices of fear and worry. It was filled with high praise and thanksgiving to God m

Iya Alakara

Iya Alakara (The Beans Cake Seller) We call her Iya Alakara (Beans cake seller) because her akara is the best, though she sells other fried foods. Akara is a popular delicacy eaten in Nigeria , it is made from grinding beans,  then mixed with various sauce ingredients and then shaped in the form of a ball before being fried in either a hot palm or vegetable oil. It is eaten with variety of other foods like fried yam, pap and even bread for a proper balance diet. Her spot cannot be mistaken, it is strategically located for commuters and passers-by to easily spot. Walking through my street about three nights ago, I thought hard on my next content for the blog.  Only a hot akara and pap would do at the moment; the thought of cooking would have been  a mission impossible. I have had enough for the day.  So here I was, readily seated right in front of her,  the little smoke emanating from the firewood was not enough to deter me from satisfying  my crave for akara. In no