Skip to main content

True life story: The unpardonable sin - Part 1


Life has always been good as a young teenager, I had friends and families around me and I was just 13 years old before the 4th of November, 2007 until this happened.

 So early that morning, there was a persistent  knock at our door then there was a brief conversation between my parent and (Ifeanyichukwu’s) mum. As she left, my dad’s face changed like an angry lion as he walked into the room where I and my sisters were sleeping. The next thing I knew, he started beating me with belt, broom and shoe. I screamed “daddy what did I do?” but he kept beating hard, he did not stop until my sisters dragged me out of his hand. I sustained injuries as the broom sticks pierced my skin, he ordered everyone in the house not to give me food or water as am no longer part of the family. I cried and kept asking what my offense was but the more I asked the more I got beaten. My mum was quiet because she feared him a lot. My sisters had to sneak to give me food and water in the room as they kept asking me what I did, but I had no answer to offer because I didn’t know my offense.

 Four days later at about 6am, dad woke me up from the bed and instructed me to have my bath, he said to me “we are going out” I asked him where? His response was a slap, I held my cheeks as tears flowed. Quickly I took my bath and zoomed off with him. We arrived at a church, I won’t mention names here, I overheard him telling one of the church workers that am here for deliverance, he told them I was demon possessed. After the conversation, he left without saying a word to me, one of the workers asked me to follow him, we both arrived at the praying ground with other people seeking various solutions to their problems like mental health issues, demon possession, child birth difficulties and more. I was scared but I had no choice.

 After 7 hours of prayers which ended 2pm, I told one of the prayer coordinator of my desire to leave for home, she informed me I was to observe four days of fasting without food or water. I was shocked as hot tears fell from my cheeks. I stayed all through the 4 days, afterwards one of the workers called me and said nothing was wrong with me after careful observation. Unknowingly to me, dad had told them to keep me for a week! Tired and hungry, the first thing on my mind was devouring any meal available in the kitchen when I get home. Picked the key where we normally kept it, ran to the kitchen, ate and slept off at about 6pm. My mum and siblings were surprised to see me, apparently dad never told them where he took me to. I explained everything to them, my elder sister hugged me tightly as we cried together, they promised to beg him on my behalf. Around 11:36pm, dad saw me and the next thing he started beating me and ordered me to leave the house, I fought to stay back but he pushed me out of the house and locked the door.

 "A 13 years old girl thrust into the cold night full of dangers, left alone to plot her survival and yet confused on what her next step of action will be. She had to be resilient. That was her only choice." My aunt's house is 35 minutes drive away form where we lived, getting there at this hour was my obstacle: no means of transportation, no street lights excepts for little 60 watts bulbs serving as security lights in the surrounding neigbourhood houses. I walked hopelessly, tried to muster strength by singing some popular religious songs but I couldn't. All of a sudden, I heard a voice “stop there!” and I froze, looked and saw four young men probably in their mid twenties, from their tone of voice, I could sense these wasn't going to be a friendly conversation. Its a case of flight or fight, the truth is am no King David in the bible that fought Goliath.(lols). I thought they were robbers but unknowing to me, they had other plans.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My story

My name is Olugbenga Falusi and welcome to my blog. Many times in life what you are actually looking for is right under your nose. You search the depths and find nothing, your soul becomes restless seeking expression. I'm sure that resonates with a lot of us! What you need at such moments are people who see your talents and skills and can point to you the direction to go. They may have to push you, follow up to ensure the beauty they see in you is fully manifested not just for them but more for the benefit of the world. My story: Right from when I was a kid, the art got a better  part of me. I wanted to know how to draw but to my own amazement, I could not even draw an orange, I struggled over the years to be someone else, my primary school classmates were so good at making comics and I would buy from them using my lunch money. I cared less about getting food to eat, I wouldn't let go though I accepted my fate. One day, somewhere, life situation did hit me and that sp

How RCCG City of David Abuja moved and celebrated their thanksgiving service at Utako, Abuja

The call to ministry is not really what is accepted with pomp and pageantry rather it is a moment of sober reflection and preparation for greater responsibility to God and humanity. It is a never-ending journey with a determination not to quit.  The story of RCCG City of David Abuja has been that of purpose and determination as they achieved a remarkable height on January 12, 2020, at thanksgiving and at their new tabernacle located at Plot 362 Blooming Hills International Academy, Augustus Aikhomu Way, Beside Aneio Hotel Utako to the glory of God. Praise and thanksgiving at the new auditorium Present at this significant milestone was Pst. Gbolade Okenla (PIC RCCG COD Abuja), Pst. Oghogho Anyaru (PIC RCCG LP 4 Victoria Island), Pst. Pat-Akem Vingir (PIC Jesus House, Abuja ) and Pst. Sola Olowokere (PIC  RCCG Strongtower, Baltimore) The atmosphere on Sunday was enough to drown uninvited voices of fear and worry. It was filled with high praise and thanksgiving to God m

Iya Alakara

Iya Alakara (The Beans Cake Seller) We call her Iya Alakara (Beans cake seller) because her akara is the best, though she sells other fried foods. Akara is a popular delicacy eaten in Nigeria , it is made from grinding beans,  then mixed with various sauce ingredients and then shaped in the form of a ball before being fried in either a hot palm or vegetable oil. It is eaten with variety of other foods like fried yam, pap and even bread for a proper balance diet. Her spot cannot be mistaken, it is strategically located for commuters and passers-by to easily spot. Walking through my street about three nights ago, I thought hard on my next content for the blog.  Only a hot akara and pap would do at the moment; the thought of cooking would have been  a mission impossible. I have had enough for the day.  So here I was, readily seated right in front of her,  the little smoke emanating from the firewood was not enough to deter me from satisfying  my crave for akara. In no